Powered By Blogger

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Ahhh, Ummm, Errrr....




Well I did it! I joined "Toastmasters" and after a month of being a guest, I am now a card carrying book toting fully fledged member of the Protea Toastmasters Club. On Tuesday I will be performing my very first duty as an official member of the club. I shall be, and I say so with much chest puffing and the like....the oh ever so important...Um and Aah Counter! Next Tuesday, I shall count every um and ah and err escaping the lips of those speakers and will be required to give a full report on these infractions at the end of the meeting. I'll be the Mr Plod of Speechland.

Each week we have a series of "table topics" which really are impromptu speeches delivered on the spur of the moment. After the speeches are completed we vote for the best speech and yours truly won! My topic? My favourite colour, which led me directly onto the topic of chocolate, which led me directly to the prize....a slab of chocolate! What this woman will do for chocolate! 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, chocolate is the best prize.... Not only that but new research suggests it's very, very good for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Owen was in toastmaster before we were married! I can almost hear you expounding on your favorite colour until it made its way to chocolate and in the end they were all left with a thought provoking moral. Your "Sharing Times" were always the best.

    ReplyDelete