Powered By Blogger

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Grumpy Groundhog.











Alas I fear I am more bitter than I give my self credit for. We have been having a lovely break in the bush these past few days. We were so close to elephants we could feel their breath on us and if we wished, we could reach out and ruffle the fur of some lion cubs as they sat in the shade, while their parents had an afternoon nap.

Eldest son, D, has a love interest. He has been spending his time texting and texting. I shall just call it flirting with your thumbs. Like a patient fisherman in the new game of love, he has caught himself a fish and like any inexperienced fisherman is asking himself , "Now What?". Catching a fish as you well know is far easier than reeling it in and of course all the nasty getting the fish off the hook and even nastier stuff like scaling and gutting. I'm starting to make him sound like a serial killer. Perhaps my metaphor has been stretched too far?

Anyhow his flirtatious thumbs have reached the point of asking her out. Of course this needs plenty of strategics and planning and advice from the experts on love. So with fingers blurred by speed he was texting his love mentor, HIS DAD and dad was freely giving advice which was being relayed to the front seats of the game drive vehicle for discussion.

DO I WANT THAT MAN TEACHING MY SON LESSONS IN LOVE? Harumph! Yes, he may be VERY successful in hooking women ( over 15 while he was married) on the end of his fly rod, with his artificial lures but what does he know about true love and lasting love and how to really treat a woman???? I ask you with tears in my eyes!

This situation was ludicrous in my opinion and on a few occasions I voiced with exactness how I felt about their dad and his love advice! PAH! If we take a completely scientific stance on the whole matter, he really does know how to reel them in. Even as a married man he was constantly surrounded by swooning women gushing over the handsome doctor. He has been living with Fluff happily for over 3 years now. She's half his age.. So scientifically speaking, in comparison. I shall not be surprised to see him in a silky paisley printed gown, smoking a pipe! In our small circle if acquaintences , he is as close as it comes to being a real life Hugh. Hefner. What young boy wouldn't be wowed by such skill and talent?

On the other shoe, I definitely don't have suitors banging down my door. The kids haven't seen me go on any dates lately. So it all makes perfect sense and in an instant I wished to be a femme fatale, with men falling over their feet to muddy their jackets in puddles for me and my phone ringing off the hook with interested suitors. Why him and not me? If I had a penny for every time I asked that question I would be very wealthy. In the end all I want is one man to love me and have space in his heart for my children and for us to have a love where we are able to keep "the spark" alive despite any of the obstacles thrown willy nilly in our path. I wonder if there is a silk paisley print gown in my size? Just wondering????? 

3 comments:

  1. Why him and not you? because you don't want quantity over quality. If you lowered your standards to...Oh, gutter level, you to could be bothered beyond belief by suitors too.
    I dont really know you but from what Ive read I'd say you had plenty of reason to be bitter about your husband and breakup.
    I wish I had good and useful advice for you...but I dont. It's a difficult situation and I hope you get it worked out ok. The only thing I would say is to urge you to be careful not to allow your anger to affect the relationship with your son, continue to bring him up in a caring. loving way and I'm sure he will turn out fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tempo, it's my goal to get through this with as little bitterness as possible. Of course it's easier said than done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny how the sexes ask advise from the same sex instead of the opposite. Who would know better what a girl wants than a girl or visa versa. My oldest A always asked me about boys and my advise leaves both her and me baffled and confunsed about that sex. Hopefully D will figure out that the best information about girls is going to come from a girl/woman.

    Keep up the good work with yourself and your kids.
    love ya

    ReplyDelete