Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Sneakily does it!




An awkward situation developed a couple of months ago. Roger, the artful dodger committed to pay for a hockey tour that K was going on. It would see her challenging some hockey teams in Kwazulu Natal, a good experience for sure.

When the time came to pay, Roger was predictably  out of pocket. So I scraped together the last of my funds and paid for the hockey tour with Roger promising to repay me soon, very soon. Of course, his soon and mine, just aren't on the same planet. Venus's day is equal to 243 earth days.

I suspect poor Roger had urgent work to do on Venus, and while my world and empty pocket spun round and around day after day, his alarm clock hadn't even rung yet. I tried many things. I was an annoying nag about it. I reminded Roger several times. I tried to guilt him into it. We had a short discussion about how important is is to keep ones word.

So I was walking in Game, shopping for paper for the computer and decided to call him, as one does when one is shopping for computer paper. I was really not surprised when...he didn't answer.
He sent me a hasty sms telling me he was in a very high profile meeting and he didn't know when it would be finished but could I please understand it would be a while before  he could get back to me.

I sent a text back to his air conditioned boardroom.

Me: "Just send the money, surreptitiously to me on the phone, no-one will be the wiser..."
Roger: "Let me see if the salary advance has come through. I don't really believe he is that destitute, but I can play along"
Me: "Don't make any sudden moves or you will blow your cover"
Roger: 007, Bond, James Bond..a little stirred by all this sneakiness: "Ok, I sent it sneakily on my I-Pad, no-one suspects a thing."
Me: Nice. A bout time chop! ( Of course I am too much of a lady to say that)

Look at that, after all those years of ole Roger running around on me and sending sneaky sms's to all the other woman, he couldn't resist the urge to be sneaky once more for old times sake. Who would have guessed. I guess he is sneaky -deprived poor old git!

Looks like I might be up for a little sneaky myself!






3 comments:

  1. Ah yes, I had a missus like this and caught her out the same way (kind of)
    Ruins the whole relationship once you see for yourself how they manipulated you huh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, repeated adultery does crimp a relationship a little, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, thats when suspicion comes a-calling, the beginning of the end comes into view.. and what do they have to say for themselves? "Why dont you trust me?"

    ReplyDelete