Powered By Blogger

Saturday, April 16, 2011

SMILE!

Yesterday was a red letter day in our household... K ( eldest daughter) got her braces off, after nearly six years of railway tracks, tears, heartache, monumental battles and the like. ( see Inglorious braces) I had to arrange for the next door neighbor to take her to the orthodontist as I was teaching, so she had to take time off school and as a result had the whole day to sit in front of the mirror and admire her pearly whites before we arrived home.

One of my favourite songs of late is Uncle Kracker's SMILE. I adore the lyrics. What could be cooler than the flip side of my pillow? The funny thing is, and I have tested this theory....I think the DJ's at radio Algoa, wait for me to be in the car before they play this track. I was taking the kids back from youth on Thursday, and it played, 9pm, it was, The next morning I had to do a very early morning run to the corner cafe for some unmentionable girly things, they played it, on the way to school , they played it...It's getting uncanny...
I thought I would share it with you....enjoy!

This is dedicated to my fabulous and amazing daughter, who spent her whole high school career behind a barbed wire fence. A true prisoner of war hero. She never bit into a ripe juicy apple, she didn't chew gum, she stayed away from toffee and all illegal orthodontic substances. My daughter who gave the world her robotic smile everyday, but wept silently on the way home from every dental appointment. I am proud of her and very happy for her. You should see her smile...it's cooler than the flipside of my pillow...

So SMILE everyone....



No comments:

Post a Comment