Powered By Blogger

Friday, January 14, 2011

Leaping Lizards and Fleeing Lawyers..



I feel like cheap  and easy like the girl who sleeps her way through the entire football team! Only I seem to be going through lawyers. I just heard today that the lawyer that I am using has met a new man and is moving off to Pretoria. She leaves tomorrow!

She was my fifth lawyer.

Lawyer one: I didn't really feel like this one was there for me or on my side. I FIRED HIM due to a lack of confidence.
Lawyer Two: This one seemed at least to want a good settlement for me. It turned out his family law was a bit yesteryear as pointed out to me be Roger's lawyer. Anyhow, I moved to East London, so we parted company.
Lawyer Three: Took me on as a client and then left the legal profession.
Lawyer Four: Took me on as a client and left the legal profession.
Lawyer Five: Took me on as a client. We even got a summons issued.Progress. BUT She is leaving town, is probably going to give up law as well! ( Her man is insanely wealthy..)

SOLUTION: I must study law become a lawyer myself and do my own divorce.
Reason no 1: I'm on my side and I want a good settlement for myself.
Reason no 2: I'm not likely to leave the town I am staying in, without me that is.
Reason no 3: If I am planning on leaving the legal profession which seems to be the trend of late. I'll be the first one to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment