Powered By Blogger

Friday, December 17, 2010

Even I am tired of looking at these beans!




Dear Readers,
I know there may be one or two of you out there....I apologize profusely for the lack of posts. The truth is I have really had nothing to say. I've been ephipany - less for a while now. Yes, life has continued - the saloon door swinging open with happenings of various sorts, but none that would inspire me to blog. You can take a blogger to their laptop, but you can't force them to blog. Can you? So every so often, I imagine some soul painfully checking to see if I have posted and mournfully retreating from their desk. I know in reality this hasn't actually happened to any of you, but is it ok if I imagined it this way? Just for me?

It's a hot gorgeous day today in sunny South Africa, the first hot day of our Summer holidays. We have had a drought and our communities have done what they have always done for many generations in seasons of drought. We've flocked to our churches and prayed for rain. We've obviously done a good job of our praying because it has rained and rained and rained for over a month now. The drought's back has most certainly been broken. Everything is clean and green and there are little birds flitting about merrily wherever I look.

I'm putting an extra big stocking out for me this Christmas and here's why.... As a writing assignment my grade 2 class were given the task of writing letters to Santa. I love reading these letters before they head off to the North Pole. One little girl, whom I will never forget, had only one small favour to ask of Santa. Mind you, it's not an easy task for the big fella. Her favour? Aren't you all dying to know? A husband for me! Children say the darndest things. Don't they?

No comments:

Post a Comment